Tuesday, October 17, 2017

12th Annual Short Film Festival

From: sfchronicle.com

By David Wiegand

There’s a big event in Hollywood that I wish I could attend, and that’s a sentence I rarely utter. But NBC Universal will host the screening and awards ceremony for its 12th annual Short Film Festival tonight at the Directors Guild of America building. Actress-comedian Kym Whitley (pictured) will host the event, and a panel of actors and NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke and Universal Television President Pearlena Igbokwe will determine the awards. Other panel members include Mariska Hargitay, Chrissy Metz, Lena Waithe, Debra Martin Chase, Masi Oka, Victor Turpin, Allen Maldonado and Sakina Jaffrey.

This year, for the first time, the festival will award a Critics Choice award, based on votes by an 18-member jury including representatives of BuzzFeed, Entertainment Weekly, Hearst Digital Media, Los Angeles Times, TV Guide, Vogue and, yep, The San Francisco Chronicle. I was honored to have been asked to judge, but I have to say, it was hard work. The dozen short films in contention are superb. And I know that’s what people say at awards ceremonies, but I really mean it. I actually felt that I was getting a preview of great and important filmmakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lastest Post

'Law & Order: SVU' Actress Mariska Hargitay Opened up about Her Family in a Candid Interview

From: news.amomama.com "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" actress Mariska Hargitay shares never-before-known facts about how...